Forest Centre Pty Ltd commenced trading in 1983 as a retail supplier of parts and attachment products to the local forestry industry. Obtaining the Australian agencies for both Hultdins and Exte allowed Forest Centre to bring the best of the European forestry market to Australian forest contractors.
- In 1999 Forest Centre joined forces with Tigercat Industries, the Canadian manufacturer of purpose-built premium forest machinery, and was appointed as the exclusive Australian dealer of Tigercat equipment.
- In February 2000, Forest Centre introduced the very first Tigercat harvester into Tasmanian forests and the wider Australian market. Following a steady growth in sales, Tigercat machines sold and serviced by Forest Centre spread to harvesting operations spread Australia-wide.
- In 2006, Forest Centre joined the worldwide distributor network of Baltrotors Inc, becoming the exclusive Australian agent for the Latvian manufacturer of high quality hydraulic rotators, swing dampers and links.
- Early 2007 saw Tigercat’s 100th machine sale into the Australian market and the opening of a new Forest Centre branch complex in Bunbury, allowing faster distribution of parts to the forest operations of South-Western Australia.
- Having sold a huge 227 Tigercat machines since 2000, Forest Centre handed over the exclusive Australian Tigercat dealership in February 2013 as part of streamlining the business, once again returning to its roots in forestry attachments.
- In February 2014 Forest Centre (Aust) Pty Ltd commenced trading, taking over all operational aspects of the business with Wendy Christian and Reymund Kell joining Lex McLean as shareholders and directors. Though this is a significant and exciting change, the original focus on forestry attachments and trailer equipment remains.
Since its formation in 1983, Forest Centre has been committed to providing the highest quality in equipment, parts and service to the Australian forest industry. READ MORE